The Oklahoma City Thunder (4-3) will attempt to snap the six-game winning streak of Boston when they welcome the Celtics (6-2) to Chesapeake Energy Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 205 points with Oklahoma City set as a 5.5-point favorite. Action starts at at 9:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Boston Celtics vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Preview
The Celtics had no trouble getting past the Sacramento Kings, 113-86, in their last matchup. Kyrie Irving was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Boston dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 (above their season average of 22.7) and a free throw rate of 0.195 (below their season average of 0.219). For those same stats, Sacramento had marks of 16.3 and 0.123, respectively.
The Thunder hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-91, in their last matchup. Oklahoma City rallied around Russell Westbrook, who recorded 12 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists. The Thunder held the Bucks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.8 (below the 28.0 mark opponents have averaged against Oklahoma City this season) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.480 (below their season average of 0.553).
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Oklahoma City in this meeting. Since last season, the Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.7 percent), while Boston ranks 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent). Additionally, the Celtics could dominate on the defensive side of the ball. They rank fifth in the league with an opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.506, while the Thunder’s offense ranks 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.501).
Games involving Boston have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while Oklahoma City games have gone under 71.4 percent of the time. The Celtics hold a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-2 SU and 7-1 ATS, while the Thunder are 4-3 SU and 4-3 ATS.
The Thunder won both meetings against the Celtics last season. In the most recent contest, the Thunder won 99-96. The Thunder played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.169 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.9. For those same stats, the Celtics recorded marks of 0.056 and 26.1, respectively.
Boston Celtics vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Thunder rank sixth in second chance points per game (14.5) while the Celtics rank 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Boston ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (33.4) while Oklahoma City ranks 16th (26.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in fast break points per game (16.7) while Boston ranks 17th (12.1).
- Boston ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Boston is 32-2 and Oklahoma City is 27-4.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Thunder are 47-22 and the Celtics are 59-23.
- The Thunder average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The Celtics rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in rebounds per game (46.1) while Boston ranks 26th (41.7).
- The Thunder rank second in points in the paint per game (49.3) while the Celtics rank 23rd (41.8).
- The Celtics rank 13th in steals allowed per game (7.5) while the Thunder rank 25th (8.4).
- Boston ranks second in assists per game (25.3) while Oklahoma City ranks 23rd (21.1).