The Boston Celtics (53-23) travel to BMO Harris Bradley Center to clash with the Milwaukee Bucks (41-36). The Celtics are a 2-point underdog and will attempt to continue their six-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 207.5 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bucks lost a winnable game to the Denver Nuggets, 128-125, while the Celtics were victorious over the Toronto Raptors, 110-99.
The Celtics had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 4.8 (better than their season average of 12.4) and had a free throw rate of 0.261 (above their season average of 0.186). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (7.4 vs. 13.4). Milwaukee’s Jabari Parker led the way, contributing 35 points and 10 rebounds. Boston was lifted by Marcus Morris, who recorded 25 points and nine rebounds.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams square off. Milwaukee ranks 25th in possessions per game (97.9) and Boston is 22nd (98.1).
There does not appear to be a trend for Celtics games in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Boston comes into the game with records of 53-23 straight up (SU) and 46-27-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Bucks’ 77 games, 42 have finished over the total. Additionally, Milwaukee owns records of 41-36 SU and 33-39-5 ATS.
The Celtics’ Terry Rozier has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 18.4 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.8 steals per game. Meanwhile, Eric Bledsoe has averaged 21.8 points, 5.4 assists and 2.0 steals during that same time frame for the Bucks.
In three matchups against each other this year, the Celtics have won two. The two teams combined to score 211 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 203.5. Boston won 111-100, covering as a 5-point favorite. Boston had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.2 vs. 7.5). Milwaukee, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.2 vs. 13.9). Giannis Antetokounmpo was the game’s top overall scorer with 40 points.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank fifth in blocks per game (5.4) while the Celtics rank 18th (4.5).
- Milwaukee ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Boston ranks 25th (15.0).
- The Bucks rank sixth in fast break points per game (14.6) while the Celtics rank 26th (9.4).
- Boston ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (39.5).
- Boston ranks ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.7) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.8).
- The Bucks rank second in steals per game (8.8) while the Celtics rank 23rd (7.2).
- The Celtics rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the Bucks rank 22nd (13.1).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.9) while Milwaukee ranks 16th (23.4).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (46.9) while Boston ranks 28th (39.2).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Boston is 35-4 and Milwaukee is 16-5.
- The Bucks are 35-19 when they reach 100 points, while the Celtics are 40-10.
- Milwaukee is 12-23-3 ATS at home, while Boston is 27-11 ATS on the road.
- In 38 road games, the Celtics have 20 unders, 17 overs and 1 push.
- The Bucks have 20 overs, 17 unders and 1 push in 38 home games.
- In their last five games, Boston and Milwaukee are both 4-1 ATS.
- The Celtics have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Bucks have 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 113.8 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (6.3 above their season average).