The Boston Celtics (2-0), 6-point underdogs, will travel to BMO Harris Bradley Center to take on the Milwaukee Bucks (0-2) in game three of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 202.5 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 9:30 p.m. ET on Friday, April 20, 2018.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks ATS Odds
In game two, Rozier led the Celtics to a 120-106 victory. He put up 23 points and eight assists. Boston covered as a 1-point underdog and the two teams combined for 226 points, which was well over the projected point total of 199. The Celtics’ 4.9 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Bucks, who had a mark of 15.1.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Milwaukee ranks 23rd in possessions per game (98.1) and Boston is 22nd (98.2).
Of the Celtics’ 84 games, 44 have finished over the total. Boston comes into the contest with records of 57-27 straight up (SU) and 50-30-4 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is known to place the total low when the Bucks are involved, as 48 of their 84 games have gone over the total. Moreover, Milwaukee owns records of 44-40 SU and 35-44-5 ATS.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while the Bucks rank 25th (24.5).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.6) while Boston ranks 29th (40.1).
- The Bucks rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while the Celtics rank 23rd (15.4).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Boston ranks 26th (9.5).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.3) while Milwaukee ranks 19th (23.6).
- The Celtics rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.1) while the Bucks rank 24th (13.3).
- The Bucks rank third in steals per game (8.7) while the Celtics rank 22nd (7.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.4) while Boston ranks 18th (4.6).
- Boston ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while Milwaukee ranks last (39.8).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Boston is 36-5 and Milwaukee is 17-5.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Celtics are 44-13 and the Bucks are 38-22.
- Milwaukee is 13-25-3 ATS at home, while Boston is 28-13 ATS on the road.
- In 41 road games, the Celtics have 21 unders, 19 overs and 1 push.
- Of the Bucks’ 41 home games, they have 22 overs, 18 unders and 1 push.
- The Celtics are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 5 overs, while Milwaukee has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 105.0 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average).