The Boston Celtics (3-2) will try to advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals when they travel to BMO Harris Bradley Center to square off against the Milwaukee Bucks (2-3) in game six of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Bucks opened as 5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 200 points and action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 26, 2018.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
In game five, Horford led the Celtics to a 92-87 win. He registered a double-double with 22 points and 14 rebounds. The two teams combined for 179 points, which was well under the projected point total of 202.5, and Boston covered as a 4.5-point favorite. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Boston’s biggest advantages. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Milwaukee had 20.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Milwaukee ranks 24th in possessions per game (97.9) and Boston is 23rd (98.0).
Of the Celtics’ 87 games, 46 have finished over the projected point total. Boston holds records of 58-29 straight up (SU) and 52-31-4 against the spread (ATS).
Games featuring the Bucks have typically gone over the total (57.5 percent). Moreover, Milwaukee owns records of 46-41 SU and 36-46-5 ATS.
Jaylen Brown and Al Horford have played at a high level over the last five games for Boston. Brown has averaged 24.4 points and 1.2 steals per game, while Horford has recorded 15.8 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists a game during that span.
Boston Celtics at Milwaukee Bucks Free Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank fourth in blocks per game (5.6) while the Celtics rank 18th (4.6).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.2) while Boston ranks 29th (39.9).
- The Celtics rank ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while the Bucks rank last (39.7).
- Milwaukee ranks third in points off turnovers per game (18.0) while Boston ranks 23rd (15.3).
- Boston ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.7).
- The Celtics rank second in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Bucks rank 24th (13.3).
- The Bucks rank third in steals per game (8.7) while the Celtics rank 22nd (7.3).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.4) while Milwaukee ranks 16th (23.5).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in fast break points per game (14.6) while Boston ranks 27th (9.5).
- Boston is 37-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Milwaukee is 18-6.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Celtics are 44-14 and the Bucks are 40-22.
- Boston is 29-14 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 14-26-3 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 24 of the Bucks’ 43 home games, while 21 of the Celtics’ 43 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Boston and Milwaukee have both had 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 1-4.
- The Celtics have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Boston has defeated opponents by an average of 3.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Bucks have scored an average of 104.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (2.8 below their season average).