The Boston Celtics (2-1), 5-point underdogs, will travel to BMO Harris Bradley Center to clash against the Milwaukee Bucks (1-2) in game four of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 206.5 points and it gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
In game three, Middleton led the Bucks to a 116-92 victory. He was the games leading scorer with 23 points. The two teams combined for 208 points, which was just over the projected point total of 205, and Milwaukee covered as a 5-point favorite. Milwaukee had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 14.8). Boston, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (20-28; 71.4 percent).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams clash. Milwaukee ranks 24th in possessions per game (98.0) and Boston is 22nd (98.1).
Games involving the Celtics have a slight tendency to finish over the total (52.9 percent). Boston heads into the contest with records of 57-28 straight up (SU) and 50-31-4 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to set the total low when the Bucks are involved, as 49 of their 85 games have finished over the total. Additionally, Milwaukee is 45-40 SU and 36-44-5 ATS.
Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (30.3) while the Bucks rank 25th (24.6).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (47.5) while Boston ranks 29th (40.1).
- The Bucks rank sixth in fast break points per game (14.6) while the Celtics rank 26th (9.6).
- Milwaukee ranks third in steals per game (8.7) while Boston ranks 22nd (7.4).
- Milwaukee ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.5) while Boston ranks 19th (4.5).
- The Celtics rank ninth in rebounds per game (44.4) while the Bucks rank last (39.8).
- The Bucks rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.2) while the Celtics rank 22nd (15.3).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.3) while Milwaukee ranks 18th (23.5).
- Boston ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while Milwaukee ranks 23rd (13.3).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Boston is 36-5 and Milwaukee is 18-5.
- The Bucks are 39-22 when they score more than 100 points, while the Celtics are 44-13.
- Milwaukee is 14-25-3 ATS at home, while Boston is 28-14 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 23 of the Bucks 42 home games, while 21 of the Celtics 42 road games have gone under.
- The Celtics are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Bucks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 5 overs, while Milwaukee has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.8 points per game (7.0 above their season average).
- The Bucks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 0.2 for the season.