The Boston Celtics (49-23), 6.5-point favorites, will travel to Golden 1 Center to clash against the Sacramento Kings (24-49). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 200 points and it will air on NBC Sports – California at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Boston Celtics at Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Kings defeated the Atlanta Hawks 105-90, while the Celtics beat the Portland Trail Blazers 105-100.
The Celtics made 24 of their 26 free throws (92.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.526 (above their season average of 0.518). The Kings, meanwhile, held the Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 21.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below the 0.547 mark opponents have averaged against Sacramento this season). Sacramento was lifted by Kosta Koufos, who put up 14 points and 11 rebounds. Marcus Morris, meanwhile fueled Boston with 30 points.
The ineffective offense of Sacramento will clash against the top-notch defense of Boston. The Kings currently rank 28th in offensive efficiency, while the Celtics are first in defensive efficiency. The Celtics should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of the Celtics 72 games, 36 have finished over the O/U total. Boston heads into the contest with records of 49-23 straight up (SU) and 43-26-3 against the spread (ATS).
Just over half of Kings games have also finished over the projected point total. Additionally, Sacramento owns records of 24-49 SU and 35-35-3 ATS.
The Celtics Terry Rozier has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 16.2 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game. Meanwhile, Buddy Hield has averaged 18.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.0 assists during that same time frame for the Kings.
In their first matchup this season, Kyrie Irving led the Celtics to a 113-86 win. He was the games leading scorer with 22 points. Boston covered as an 11-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 199 points, which was just over the projected point total of 195. Boston’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Celtics had 16 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Kings had seven and 26, respectively.
Boston Celtics vs. Sacramento Kings Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- Boston ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (31.2) while Sacramento ranks 28th (23.8).
- The Celtics rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while the Kings rank 20th (12.4).
- Sacramento ranks 19th in points in the paint per game (43.7) while Boston ranks 28th (39.1).
- The Celtics rank eighth in rebounds per game (44.6) while the Kings rank 28th (40.8).
- The Kings rank 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.4) while the Celtics rank 26th (14.9).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (20.9) while Sacramento ranks 21st (24.0).
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Boston is 31-4 and Sacramento is 15-5.
- When reaching the century mark, the Kings are 17-20 and the Celtics are 37-10.
- Boston is 25-10 ATS on the road, while Sacramento is 17-19 ATS at home.
- The Celtics have 17 overs, 17 unders and 1 push in 35 road games.
- In 36 home games, the Kings have 19 overs and 17 unders.
- In their last five games, Boston and Sacramento are both 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 102.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average).
- The Kings have outscored opponents by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Sacramento has lost by an average of 7.3 points.