The Boston Celtics (3-0) will try to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals when they travel to Wells Fargo Center to challenge the Philadelphia 76ers (0-3) in game four of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The 76ers opened as 6.5-point favorites. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 204.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 6 p.m. ET on Monday, May 7, 2018.
Boston Celtics at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
In game three, Rozier led the Celtics to a 101-98 victory. He produced 18 points and seven rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 199 points, which was under the projected point total of 205.5, and Boston covered as a 9.5-point underdog. Boston had a better effective field goal percentage (0.505 vs. 0.438). Philadelphia, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (13-18; 72.2 percent).
Baskets could be hard to come by in this contest between two of the leagues top defenses. Philadelphia ranks third in defensive efficiency (102.8) and Boston is second (102.6). ,
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Celtics games, with 49 overs compared to 42 unders. Boston holds records of 62-30 straight up (SU) and 56-32-4 against the spread (ATS).
76ers games also have gone over the total 50.0 percent of the time. Additionally, Philadelphia owns records of 56-34 SU and 52-38 ATS.
The Celtics Terry Rozier has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 21.4 points, 6.8 assists, 6.2 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, JJ Redick has averaged 20.8 points during that same time frame for the 76ers.
Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (30.5) while the 76ers rank 17th in three pointers allowed per game (29.7).
- Philadelphia ranks eighth in points in the paint per game (47.0) while Boston ranks 29th (40.1).
- The Celtics rank 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.4) while the 76ers rank 28th (18.4).
- Philadelphia averages 47.6 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Boston ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (43.6).
- Philadelphia ranks 16th in fast break points per game (11.4) while Boston ranks 27th (9.5).
- The Celtics rank seventh in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the 76ers rank 26th (8.5).
- The 76ers rank fifth in second chance points per game (13.9) while the Celtics rank 16th (12.3).
- Boston ranks 19th in blocks per game (4.5) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists per game (27.0) while Boston ranks 20th (22.4).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Boston is 39-6 and Philadelphia is 23-0.
- The Celtics are 48-14 when they score over 100 points, while the 76ers are 53-21.
- Philadelphia is 29-15 ATS at home, while Boston is 30-15 ATS on the road.
- The Celtics have 23 unders, 21 overs and 1 push in 45 road games.
- The 76ers have 24 unders, 19 overs and 1 push in 44 home games.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the 76ers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Boston has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Philadelphia has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Celtics average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 102.4 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average).