The Indiana Pacers (11-8) welcome the Boston Celtics (17-3) to Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Pacers will attempt to extend their five-game winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207 points with Boston opening as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Boston Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers Free Preview
The last time the Celtics played, they beat the Orlando Magic, 118-103. Kyrie Irving was the games leading scorer with 30 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Boston dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.187 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 12.5). Orlando had marks of 0.126 and 10.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The Pacers hope to keep it rolling after edging the Toronto Raptors in their last outing, 107-104. Indiana rallied around Darren Collison, who had 17 points and eight assists. Indiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 (above their season average of 0.179) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (above their season average of 21.1). For those same stats, Toronto recorded marks of 0.185 and 18.4, respectively.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the prolific offense of Indiana takes on the top-notch defense of Boston. The Pacers rank fifth in offensive efficiency, while the Celtics are first in defensive efficiency.
Of Boston’s 19 games with betting action, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 9 of Indiana’s 18 games have finished over the O/U total. The Celtics hold a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 17-3 SU and 15-3-1 ATS, while the Pacers are 11-8 SU and 11-7 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Celtics, it’s been Irving, who has averaged 28.2 points, 5.0 assists and 1.2 steals, while the Pacers have gotten great contributions from Collison (14.6 points and 6.8 assists).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Celtics won all three games last season. In the most recent game, Boston won 109-100. Boston’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Indiana. The Celtics had a rate of 0.577 while the Pacers posted a mark of 0.500.
Boston Celtics vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.8) while the Pacers rank 28th (49.4).
- Indiana ranks fifth in assists per game (23.7) while Boston ranks 19th (21.8).
- Boston ranks fourth in fast break points allowed per game (8.3) while Indiana ranks 19th (11.8).
- Boston ranks 18th in blocks per game (4.3) while Indiana ranks 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- On the road, Boston is 9-2 ATS with 6 unders and 5 overs.
- Indiana is 4-3 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Indiana is 5-0 and Boston is 13-0.
- The Celtics are 12-1 when they reach 100 points, while the Pacers are 10-4.
- The Celtics rank fourth in rebounds per game (47.1) while the Pacers rank 18th (43.0).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (18.9) while Boston ranks 24th (14.7).
- The Celtics rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (31.1) while the Pacers rank 26th (24.8).
- The Celtics rank first in steals allowed per game (6.3) while the Pacers rank sixth (7.5).
- Boston ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (10.0) while Indiana ranks 19th (13.4).
- Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boston is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 105.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average).