The Boston Celtics (2-1) will travel to Quicken Loans Arena to meet the Cleveland Cavaliers (1-2) in game four of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Celtics opened as 6-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 207 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, May 21, 2018.
Boston Celtics vs. Cleveland Cavaliers ATS Odds
In game three, James led the Cavaliers to a 116-86 win. He registered a double-double with 27 points and 12 assists. Cleveland covered as a 6.5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 202 points, which was just under the projected point total of 207. The Cavaliers offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Celtics. Cleveland had a rate of 22.2, while Boston posted a mark of 14.0.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Cleveland (fifth in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 110.8) takes on the top-notch defense of Boston (second in the league with a defensive efficiency of 102.7).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Celtics games, with 50 overs compared to 46 unders. Boston comes into the contest with records of 65-32 straight up (SU) and 59-34-4 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Boston, Cavaliers games have a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total (51.0 percent). Cleveland is 59-37 SU, but they are just 37-57-2 ATS.
For the playoffs, the Cavaliers are 13-8 with 11 unders, nine overs and one push while the Celtics are 3-3 ATS with five unders and one over,
Kevin Love has been playing at a high level as of late for Cleveland, averaging 22.8 points and 11.2 rebounds over the last five games.
Boston Celtics vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- The Cavaliers rank 23rd in points in the paint per game (43.3) while the Celtics rank 29th (40.4).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.5) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.2).
- The Celtics rank third in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while the Cavaliers rank 16th (12.8).
- Cleveland ranks 14th in fast break points per game (11.9) while Boston ranks 27th (9.5).
- Boston ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Cleveland ranks 11th (7.3).
- The Celtics rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (27.6) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (31.0).
- The Celtics rank 19th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (3.8).
- Boston ranks 10th in rebounds per game (44.1) while Cleveland ranks 25th (41.8).
- Cleveland is 20-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Boston is 41-6.
- The Cavaliers are 56-18 when they score over 100 points, while the Celtics are 51-14.
- Cleveland is 15-32-1 ATS at home, while Boston is 30-17 ATS on the road.
- The Celtics have 25 unders, 21 overs and 1 push in 47 road games.
- The Cavaliers have 26 unders, 21 overs and 1 push in 48 home games.
- In their last five games, Boston and Cleveland have both had 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Celtics are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 101.4 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average).
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 0.9 for the season.