The Boston Celtics (12-2) visit Barclays Center to meet the Brooklyn Nets (5-8). The Celtics will try to continue their 12-game winning streak. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Boston Celtics vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Preview
The last time the Celtics played, they barely escaped the Toronto Raptors, 95-94. With 14 points, nine assists and five rebounds, Marcus Smart played well for Boston. The Celtics, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.0, had a fantastic mark of 33.3, while the Raptors had a turnover percentage of 17.7 (above their season average of 12.4).
The Nets are hoping for a better outcome after their 114-106 loss to the Utah Jazz in their last game. D’Angelo Russell led Brooklyn in scoring with 26 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Utah had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 (above their season average of 19.0). Brooklyn, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (29-39; 74.4 percent).
The inefficient offense of Brooklyn will face off against the top-notch defense of Boston. The Nets rank 22nd in offensive efficiency, while the Celtics are first in defensive efficiency. The Celtics figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. Additionally, the Celtics rank second in turnover percentage (13.5 percent), while the Nets rank 25th in opponents’ turnover percentage (14.2 percent).
Of Boston’s 14 games, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of Brooklyn’s 13 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Celtics have a sizable advantage. They are 12-2 SU and 11-2-1 ATS, while the Nets are 5-8 SU and 7-6 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Celtics won all four games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Boston won 114-105. Boston’s 0.527 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Brooklyn, who had a mark of 0.407.
Boston Celtics at Brooklyn Nets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Celtics, O/U – Under
- The Celtics rank first in steals allowed per game (6.5) while the Nets rank 18th (8.5).
- Boston ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (24.9) while Brooklyn ranks 11th (27.2).
- Brooklyn ranks 10th in points in the paint per game (46.0) while Boston ranks 26th (39.1).
- Brooklyn ranks 17th in blocks per game (4.2) while Boston ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Boston is 6-1 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 1 over.
- At home, Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Brooklyn is 2-0 and Boston is 11-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Nets are 4-7 and the Celtics are 8-1.
- The Celtics rank third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.5) while the Nets rank 17th (18.3).
- Boston averages 47.5 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Brooklyn ranks 29th in rebounds allowed per game (49.5).
- The Celtics rank fourth in second chance points allowed per game (9.7) while the Nets rank 24th (14.0).
- The Celtics rank fifth in assists allowed per game (20.1) while the Nets rank 11th (21.7).
- Boston ranks third in fast break points allowed per game (7.3) while Brooklyn ranks 22nd (11.6).
- Brooklyn is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Boston is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Nets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Celtics have scored an average of 101.2 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 94.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average).