The Nevada Wolf Pack (17-3, 6-0 MWC) look to extend their six-game winning streak against the Boise State Broncos (16-3, 6-1 MWC) at Lawlor Events Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 145.5 points with Nevada set as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Boise State Broncos at Nevada Wolf Pack Odds Preview
In the Broncos last contest, they were victorious over the Utah State Aggies, 71-67. With 16 points and six rebounds, Chandler Hutchison had a good outing for Boise State. Boise State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 17.5) and a free throw rate of 0.155 (matching their season average). Utah State recorded marks of 20.1 and 0.135, respectively, for those same stats.
The Wolf Pack will look to maintain momentum after beating the San Jose State Spartans in their last outing, 71-54. Nevada was lifted by Caleb Martin, who was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Nevada played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.385 (above their season average of 0.283) and a turnover percentage of 16.0 (worse than their season average of 13.5). San Jose State was 0.088 and 21.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the productive offense of Nevada takes on the stingy defense of Boise State. The Wolf Pack rank 19th in offensive efficiency, while the Broncos are 17th in defensive efficiency.
Hutchison has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Boise State, averaging 28.2 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Wolf Pack won both games last season. In the last matchup, Nevada won 85-77. The Wolf Pack dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.600 and a turnover percentage of 15.6. The Broncos recorded marks of 0.190 and 17.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Boise State Broncos vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Boise State, O/U – Under
- The Wolf Pack rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Broncos rank 68th (5.8).
- Nevada ranks 31st in assists per game (16.7) while Boise State ranks 149th (13.4).
- The Broncos average 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. The Wolf Pack rank 171st in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- Boise State ranks 35th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Nevada ranks 116th (36.5).
- The Wolf Pack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.2, matching their season average.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (3.5 above their season average).