The Binghamton Bearcats (8-4) visit Bryce Jordan Center to challenge the Penn State Nittany Lions (9-3). The Bearcats will attempt to lengthen their seven-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Binghamton Bearcats at Penn State Nittany Lions Odds Preview
In the Bearcats last contest, they won a close one over the Sacred Heart Pioneers, 51-48. J.C. Show was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-17 shooting. The Bearcats held the Pioneers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.360 (below their season average of 0.467) and had a turnover percentage of 13.1 (better than their season average of 17.1).
The Nittany Lions come in on a high note after dismantling the George Mason Patriots in their last matchup, 72-54. With 23 points on 9-for-18 shooting, Lamar Stevens was the games leading scorer. Penn State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.544 (above their season average of 0.513) and a turnover percentage of 15.8 (better than their season average of 16.5). George Mason was 0.370 and 19.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The offense of Binghamton will battle against the top-notch defense of Penn State. The Bearcats rank 147th in offensive efficiency, while the Nittany Lions are 28th in defensive efficiency. The Nittany Lions should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Mike Watkins has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Penn State, averaging 14.4 points, 9.4 rebounds and 3.8 blocks per game.
Binghamton Bearcats at Penn State Nittany Lions Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Binghamton, ATS Winner – Binghamton, O/U – Under
- The Nittany Lions rank 25th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Bearcats rank 90th (12.8).
- Penn State ranks 11th in steals per game (9.8) while Binghamton ranks 147th (5.7).
- The Bearcats average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. The Nittany Lions rank 145th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Binghamton ranks 134th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Penn State ranks 235th (18.0).
- The Nittany Lions average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 12.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 72.0 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (5.2 below their season average).