The Loyola Maryland Greyhounds (1-7) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Binghamton when they welcome the Bearcats (6-4) to Reitz Arena. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Betting Preview
In the Bearcats last outing, they defeated the Army West Point Black Knights, 71-66. With 11 points, eight rebounds and six blocks, Thomas Bruce had a solid game for Binghamton. The Bearcats had a great free throw rate of 0.319 (above their season average of 0.196) and held the Black Knights to an effective field goal percentage of 0.447 (below their season average of 0.568).
The Greyhounds are trying to rebound after their 96-71 loss to the Florida State Seminoles in their last game. With 15 points, Loyola Maryland’s Chuck Champion had a solid game. Florida State did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (17-20; 85.0 percent). Loyola Maryland, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 18.6).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Loyola Maryland ranks 261st in possessions per game (68.5) and Binghamton is 298th (67.5) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Greyhounds won the lone contest against the Bearcats last season, 90-85. The Greyhounds dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 47.4 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.393. For those same stats, the Bearcats had marks of 20.0 and 0.291, respectively.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Loyola Maryland Greyhounds Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Loyola Maryland, ATS Winner – Loyola Maryland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bearcats rank 204th in assists per game (13.0) while the Greyhounds rank 269th (11.6).
- Loyola Maryland ranks 227th in rebounds per game (34.6) while Binghamton ranks 267th (33.1).
- Binghamton ranks 52nd in blocks allowed per game (2.9) while Loyola Maryland ranks 235th (4.6).
- The Greyhounds rank 61st in steals per game (7.2) while the Bearcats rank 226th (5.4).
- Binghamton ranks 155th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Loyola Maryland ranks 302nd (16.7).