The Sacred Heart Pioneers (5-6) will attempt to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Binghamton when they welcome the Bearcats (7-4) to William Pitt Center – West Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. Sacred Heart Pioneers Free Preview
The last time the Bearcats played, they defeated the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds, 77-64. Willie Rodriguez was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Binghamton dominated every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.260 (above their season average of 0.207) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.640 (above their season average of 0.563). For those same stats, Loyola Maryland had marks of 0.148 and 0.519, respectively.
The Pioneers are trying to rebound after their 86-72 loss to the Hartford Hawks in their last outing. Joseph Lopez was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Hartford had an effective field goal percentage of 0.664 (above their season average of 0.491). Sacred Heart, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent).
Getting to the line could be hard to find for Sacred Heart in this contest. The Pioneers currently rank 241st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.223, while Binghamton ranks 94th in FTA rate allowed (0.210). Furthermore, the Bearcats rank 253rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 percent), while the Pioneers rank 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
Thomas Bruce has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Binghamton, averaging 17.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game.
Binghamton Bearcats at Sacred Heart Pioneers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Over
- Sacred Heart ranks 36th in rebounds per game (39.9) while Binghamton ranks 226th (33.4).
- The Bearcats rank 17th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Pioneers rank 202nd (1.7).
- Binghamton ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Sacred Heart ranks 183rd (23.0).
- The Pioneers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 5.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average).