AmEast foes will collide when the New Hampshire Wildcats (5-11, 1-1 AmEast) meet the Binghamton Bearcats (9-7, 0-1 AmEast) at Lundholm Gym. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Betting Preview
The Bearcats lost a close one to the Maine Black Bears in their last contest, 76-73. Thomas Bruce had a good performance for Binghamton, recording 12 points and seven rebounds. Maine did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-22; 77.3 percent). Binghamton, meanwhile, forced the Black Bears into a turnover percentage of 22.0 (above their season average of 18.6).
In the Wildcats last matchup, they defeated the Albany Great Danes, 64-61. With 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Tanner Leissner led New Hampshire in scoring. New Hampshire played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (below their season average of 33.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.484 (below their season average of 0.498). For those same stats, Albany had marks of 19.4 and 0.449, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. New Hampshire currently ranks 319th in possessions per game (66.9) and Binghamton is 263rd (68.6).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Wildcats won both matchups played against each other last season. In the last game, New Hampshire won 63-55. The Wildcats played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.412. The Bearcats were 5.9 and 0.157, respectively, for those same stats.
Binghamton Bearcats vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Binghamton, ATS Winner – Binghamton, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 15th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Bearcats rank 87th (12.7).
- Binghamton averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 99th in the nation. New Hampshire ranks 114th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- New Hampshire ranks 23rd in rebounds per game (40.5) while Binghamton ranks 206th (33.5).
- The Bearcats rank 36th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Wildcats rank 182nd (1.8).
- Binghamton ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while New Hampshire ranks 157th (22.9).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 5.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).