The No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs (-9.5) and South Carolina Gamecocks are ready to square off on the grass at Williams-Brice Stadium. This conference game is scheduled to get going at 3:30 p.m. ET and CBS will televise the action.
Betting Preview: South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Georgia Bulldogs
South Carolina is a noticeable home underdog in this early-edition SEC matchup and is currently getting 9.5 points. The Bulldogs are also receiving -370 moneyline odds while the Gamecocks are +290. If one program can find paydirt early on it’ll create a nice live betting opportunity. Oddsmakers have set the over/under (O/U) at 50.5 points.
The sharp action is siding with the under. The game’s total originally opened at 51.5.
The Bulldogs are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have recorded 0.0 units so far. The team’s posted an Over-Under mark of 0-0.
The Gamecocks have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Bulldogs have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) and they haven’t faced any SEC competition yet. The Gamecocks are 1-0 SU overall and are also 0-0 SU in conference play.
When these two schools met a year ago, Georgia won by two touchdowns 24-10.
The Bulldogs are looking to remain undefeated following a 45-0 victory over Austin Peay last week. the Bulldogs completed 21-of-27 passes for 224 yards and three touchdowns. Jake Fromm went 12-for-16 for 157 yards and two touchdowns while Justin Fields completed seven-of-eight for 63 yards and one touchdown. D’Andre Swift (43 yards on eight rushes, one TD) and James Cook (66 yards on six carries) provided the ground attack while Swift (four receptions, 33 yards) and Riley Ridley (three catches, 33 yards, one TD) shared the receiving duties in the win.
South Carolina just got a 49-15 win over Coastal Carolina. As a group, the team collectively completed 25-of-35 passes for 294 yards and five touchdowns. Jake Bentley went 22-for-29 for 250 yards and four touchdowns while Michael Scarnecchia was three-of-six for 44 yards and one touchdown. Rico Dowdle (105 yards on 15 rush attempts, one TD) and Ty’Son Williams (82 yards on 11 carries, one TD) mounted the running game as Deebo Samuel (seven receptions, 56 yards, one TD) and Bryan Edwards (four catches, 53 yards, one TD) led the receiving attack in the win.
It appears that the Bulldogs might be the more disruptive team in the trenches, since their offensive line yielded only 22 sacks last season while the D-line logged 34 sacks. The Gamecocks O-line gave up 28 sacks last year and their defense created only 26 sacks.
Georgia Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Free Pick
SU Winner: Georgia, ATS Winner: Georgia, O/U: Over
- The South Carolina defense has sacked opposing QBs three times this year. Georgia has recorded 0 sacks.
- South Carolina has lost zero fumbles this season while Georgia has lost one,
- The Georgia O-line gave up 22 sacks last season. Their defense created 34 sacks.
- Gamecocks quarterbacks were sacked 28 times last season. Their defense recorded 26 sacks.
- Georgia created a whopping 42 rushing touchdowns last season.
- South Carolina put up 16 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Bulldogs registered 5.8 yards per carry last season while allowing 3.7 YPC to opponents.
- The Gamecocks ran for 3.9 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 3.8 to opponents.
- Georgia recorded 24 passing touchdowns last season.
- South Carolina logged 18 passing touchdowns last season.
- South Carolina was favored by 31 points in its last outing and the Over/Under was set at 55. The over cashed and South Carolina covered in the 49-15 triumph over Coastal Carolina.
- Georgia was favored by 49 points in its last game. The team failed to cover the spread in the 45-0 victory over Austin Peay.