The Buffalo Bulls (+4) will clash with the Temple Owls (-4) at Lincoln Financial Field. This afternoon matchup is scheduled to get underway at 3:30 p.m. ET and fans can witness the action live on ESPN 3.
Betting Preview: Temple Owls vs. Buffalo Bulls
In this Saturday matchup, Temple has been projected as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 4 points. The Bulls are also receiving +165 moneyline odds while the Owls are -185. Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 51.5 points. There will likely be some good live betting opportunities while this contest is underway.
The sharp action has been siding with both the Bulls and the under. The opening line was initially set at -7 and the total was originally 52.5.
The Bulls are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units so far. The team has posted an Over-Under record of 0-0.
The Owls have been a disappointment to moneyline bettors this season, losing 7.5 units. They’re 0-1 ATS and also have an O/U record of 0-0.
The Bulls are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Owls are 0-1 SU.
The Bulls are looking to remain unbeaten after a 48-10 win over Delaware State last week. Tyree Jackson completed 17 passes for only 189 yards and six touchdowns. Jaret Patterson (34 yards on nine rush attempts, one TD) led the ground attack in the win while Anthony Johnson (four receptions, 57 yards, one TD) and K.J. Osborn (three catches, 54 yards, two TDs) manned the receiving duties.
Temple narrowly dropped a 19-17 game to Villanova. The team’s defense allowed the Wildcats to kill the clock by running for 151 yards on 37 rush attempts. Aaron Forbes had a productive showing for Villanova, accounting for 111 rushing yards on 16 attempts. For Temple, Frank Nutile completed 18-of-32 passes for 185 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Ryquell Armstead (31 yards on 14 rush attempts) led the ground game in the defeat as Branden Mack (seven receptions, 78 yards) and Ventell Bryant (five catches, 56 yards) led the pass-catching attack.
Buffalo Bulls at Temple Owls Free Pick
SU Winner: Buffalo, ATS Winner: Buffalo, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- The Temple defensive unit has notched two sacks on the year while Buffalo has 1.
- Neither team has lost a fumble yet in 2018.
- The Bulls threw for 24 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Owls logged 21 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Bulls created 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Owls put up 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Bulls registered 4.0 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.4 YPC to opponents.
- The Owls recorded 3.8 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 4.3 to opponents.
- The Bulls offense gave up 17 sacks last season. Their defense created 18 sacks.
- The Owls offensive line gave up 20 sacks last season. Their defense created 39 sacks.