The Chanticleers (+10) are gearing up to host the UAB Blazers (-10) in Coastal Carolina. The game is scheduled to get underway at 7:00 p.m. ET and ESP+ will broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UAB Blazers
Coastal Carolina is a noticeable home underdog in this game and is currently getting 10 points. In order to take the favorite, moneyline bettors would currently need to lay down $400 to net $100 back on the Blazers (-400). The Chanticleers are getting +300 moneyline odds. If one squad can find paydirt in the early stages, it will likely create a decent betting opportunity in-game.
Square bettors are siding with the Blazers. This game’s opening line was 9,
The Blazers are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units this season. The team’s posted an O/U record of 0-0.
The Chanticleers have gained 0.0 units so far. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Blazers are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Chanticleers are 0-1 SU.
The Blazers are hoping to remain undefeated following a 52-0 victory over Savannah State last week. A.J. Erdely completed 22 passes on 28 attempts for 228 yards, two scores and one interception. Spencer Brown (102 yards on 18 rush attempts, one TD) led the running attack in the win while Collin Lisa (10 receptions, 93 yards, one TD) and Street (three catches, 11 yards) manned the receiving duties.
A week ago, South Carolina knocked off this Coastal Carolina crew by a score of 49-15. The Chanticleers defense allowed the Gamecocks to eat up the clock by running for 263 yards on 38 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Rico Dowdle had a good outing for South Carolina, recording 105 rushing yards and a score on 15 attempts, along with 22 yards on one catch. As a group, the Chanticleers collectively completed 13-of-18 passes for 112 yards and one touchdown. Kilton Anderson went 11-for-13 for 91 yards while Bryce Carpenter was two-of-five for 21 yards and one touchdown. Marcus Outlow (59 rushing yards on 12 attempts) and the signal-caller Anderson (8 yards on 10 carries) spearheaded the ground attack in the defeat while Malcolm Williams (six receptions, 49 yards) and Ky’Jon Tyler (three catches, 23 yards) led the pass-catching attack..
These two programs faced off last year with the final outcome being a 30-23 win for UAB.
UAB Blazers vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Free Pick
SU Winner: Coastal Carolina, ATS Winner: Coastal Carolina
Team Betting Notes
- Each team defense has produced one sack this year.
- Each team has lost one fumble this season,
- The Blazers converted 16 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Chanticleers converted 18 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Blazers created 27 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Chanticleers put up 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Blazers put up 4.5 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.6 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Chanticleers rushed for 4.2 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.3 YPC to opponents.
- The Blazers O-line yielded 20 sacks last season. Their defense created 16 sacks.
- Chanticleers quarterbacks were sacked 28 times last season. Their defense sacked opposing quarterbacks on 15 occasions.
- Coastal Carolina was favored by 31 points in its previous outing and the Over/Under going into it was 55. The over cashed and Coastal Carolina did not cover in the 49-15 loss to South Carolina.
- In its last three matchups, Coastal Carolina is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Over its last three contests, UAB is 0-3 ATS and the under cashed in each of those three.