The No. 18 Mississippi State Bulldogs (-7) will clash with the Kansas State Wildcats at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. This key daytime matchup will get going at 12:00 p.m. ET and ESPN will broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Kansas State Wildcats vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs
In this Saturday game, Mississippi State is projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 7 points. If they are wanting to take the moneyline, gamblers would currently have to spend $300 in order to net $100 back on the Bulldogs (-300). The Wildcats are getting +220 moneyline odds. If one team can catch a lucky break early on, it will probably produce a nice betting opportunity in-game.
The Bulldogs are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units so far. The team has posted an O/U record of 0-0.
The Wildcats have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and also owns an O/U record of 0-0.
The Bulldogs are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Wildcats are also 1-0 SU.
The Bulldogs are looking to remain undefeated after a 63-6 win over Stephen F. Austin last week where Keytaon Thompson completed only 13 passes on 31 attempts for 364 yards and five touchdowns. Thompson (109 yards on 10 rush attempts, two TDs) also led the ground attack and was complemented by Kylin Hill (50 yards on nine carries, one TD) in the win. Keith Mixon (two receptions, 21 yards) and Osirus Mitchell (two catches, 114 yards, two TDs) shared the receiving duties.
Kansas State just earned a 27-24 win over South Dakota. The defensive secondary allowed the Coyotes to air it out for 257 yards. Levi Falck was a bright spot in the loss, posting 140 yards on 11 catches for South Dakota. As a group, the Wildcats collectively completed 13-of-28 passes for 152 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Skylar Thompson went eight-for-14 for 61 yards, one touchdown and one interception while Alex Delton was five-of-14 for 91 yards and one interception. Alex Barnes (103 yards on 21 rush attempts) and Alex Delton (78 yards on 12 carries) handled the ground game in the win as Isaiah Zuber (five receptions, 68 yards, one TD) and Dalton Schoen (three catches, 54 yards) led the pass-catching corps..
Mississippi State Bulldogs at Kansas State Wildcats Free Pick
SU Winner: Mississippi State, ATS Winner: Mississippi State
- Kansas State has lost two fumbles this season while Mississippi State has yet to lose any,
- Mississippi State created a whopping 30 rushing touchdowns last season.
- Kansas State put up 29 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Bulldogs registered 5.2 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.8 to opponents.
- The Wildcats registered 5.0 yards per carry last season and allowed 3.6 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Mississippi State offensive line yielded 13 sacks last season. Their defense created 36 sacks.
- Kansas State offensive line allowed 24 sacks last season. Their defense sacked opposing signal-callers 24 times,
- Mississippi State put up 17 passing touchdowns last season.
- Kansas State logged 16 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Mississippi State defensive unit has 4 sacks on the year while Kansas State has one.