The Maryland Terrapins (-16) and Bowling Green Falcons will go head-to-head on the turf of Doyt L. Perry Stadium. The game gets underway at 6:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch it live by tuning in to ESP+.
Betting Preview: Maryland Terrapins vs. Bowling Green Falcons
In this Saturday game, Maryland is projected as the big favorite and is currently giving up 16 points. In order to take the favorite, moneyline gamblers would currently have to lay down $1,000 to net $100 back on the Terrapins (-1000). The Falcons are getting +625 moneyline odds. If one school gets out in front in the early stages, it will likely create a nice in-game betting opportunity.
The opening line was initially set at 14 and early action has leaned to the Terrapins,
The profitable Terrapins are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 3.5 units so far. The team has posted an Over-Under record of 1-0.
The Falcons have gained 0.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-1 ATS and also own an O/U record of 1-0.
The Terrapins have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Falcons are 0-1 SU.
The Terrapins are looking to remain unbeaten following a 34-29 victory over Texas last week in which Kasim Hill completed 17-of-29 passes for 222 yards and one touchdown. Ty Johnson (just 30 rushing yards on 11 attempts) spearheaded the ground attack while DJ Turner (five receptions, 23 yards) and Taivon Jacobs (five catches, 73 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Bowling Green just fell 58-24 to Oregon. The team’s defense let the Ducks kill the clock by running for 212 yards on 42 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Taj Griffin had a good outing, posting 83 yards on one catch for Oregon. For Bowling Green, Jarret Doege completed 22-of-38 passes for 253 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Andrew Clair (113 rushing yards on 25 attempts) and Bryson Denley (36 yards on 12 carries) handled the running game while Scott Miller (13 receptions, 166 yards, two TDs) and Quintin Morris (three catches, 35 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the loss..
Maryland Terrapins vs. Bowling Green Falcons NCAA Tip
SU Winner: Terrapins, ATS Winner: Terrapins
Team Betting Notes
- Each team defense has recorded one sack this season.
- The Bowling Green offense has lost one fumble this season while Maryland has yet to let any get away,
- The Terrapins created 19 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Falcons put up 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Terrapins put up 4.4 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.7 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Falcons ran for 4.2 yards per carry last season and gave up 5.6 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Terrapins offense allowed 33 sacks last season. Their defense created 16 sacks.
- Falcons quarterbacks were sacked 29 times last season. Their defense logged 15 sacks,
- The Terrapins threw for 15 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Falcons threw for 21 passing touchdowns last season.
- Bowling Green was favored by 33 points in its previous game and the O/U going into it was 69.5. The over cashed and Bowling Green failed to cover in the 58-24 loss to Oregon.
- In its last three matches, Bowling Green is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- In its last three games, Maryland is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Maryland was getting 12 points in its previous game and the O/U going into it was 54.5. The over cashed and Maryland covered in the 34-29 victory over Texas.