The San Jose State Spartans and Washington State Cougars will face off on the turf at Clarence D. Martin Stadium. This showdown will kick off pretty late for fans on the East Coast (11:00 p.m. ET) and fans can catch the action by tuning in to Pac-12 Networks.
Betting Preview: Washington State Cougars vs. San Jose State Spartans
Washington State has been tabbed as the heavy favorite and is currently giving up 36 points to San Jose State. Some solid in-game betting possibilities could be unveiled during this match, and Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 61.5 points.
The opening line was -35. The game’s O/U hasn’t moved since it opened at 61.5.
The Spartans have lost 1.6 units so far in 2018 and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team’s recorded an O/U mark of 0-0.
The Cougars have gained 1.0 unit this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Spartans have gone 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Cougars are 1-0 SU.
The Spartans fell to UC Davis 44-38 in a contest where their defense allowed the Aggies to pass for 446 yards and three touchdowns while rushing for 143 yards and three scores. On the offensive side, the Spartans completed 28-of-52 passes for 365 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions. Josh Love went 14-for-29 for 109 yards, one touchdown and one interception while Montel Aaron completed 13-of-19 for 254 yards and two touchdowns. Tyler Nevens (79 rushing yards on 18 attempts, two TDs) and DeJon Packer (41 yards on 10 carries) mounted the ground attack while Josh Oliver (eight receptions, 86 yards) and Bailey Gaither (six catches, 137 yards, two TDs) handled the receiving duties in the defeat.
Washington State just picked up a 41-19 win over Wyoming. Gardner Minshew II completed 38-of-57 passes for 319 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. James Williams (82 yards on 16 rush attempts, one TD) handled the running game as Williams (10 receptions, 53 yards, one TD) and Max Borghi (six catches, 18 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps in the win..
San Jose State Spartans vs. Washington State Cougars Bedding Prediction
SU Winner: Washington State, ATS Winner: San Jose State, O/U: Under
Team Betting Notes
- Each team has lost one fumble this season.
- The Spartans created six rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cougars put up eight rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Spartans registered 3.2 yards per carry last season while allowing 5.4 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Cougars ran for 2.9 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.2 YPC to opponents.
- The Spartans threw for 15 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Cougars logged 37 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Washington State D has tallied three sacks on the year while San Jose State has 2.