The Washington State Cougars (7-4) will be at home in Wallis Beasley Performing Arts Coliseum when they go head-to-head against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (5-8). Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Washington State Cougars Free Preview
The Wildcats were blown out by the Washington Huskies in their last contest, 106-55. Bethune-Cookman’s Isaiah Bailey had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Washington had an effective field goal percentage of 0.739 (above their season average of 0.524). Bethune-Cookman, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (13-16; 81.3 percent).
In the Cougars last matchup, they were dismantled by the Kansas State Wildcats, 68-65. With 23 points, Malachi Flynn put together a good performance for Washington State. Kansas State did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (14-19; 73.7 percent). Washington State, meanwhile, held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.450 (below their season average of 0.564).
The elite offense of Washington State (64th in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.550) will battle against the mid-tier defense of Bethune-Cookman (173rd in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.498). The Cougars should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Washington State owns records of 7-4 SU and 7-3 ATS. Of the Cougars 10 games that accepted bets, six have finished under the total.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Washington State Cougars Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Washington State, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Over
- The Cougars rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Wildcats rank 156th (4.7).
- Washington State ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 134th (6.9).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Washington State ranks 254th (27.3).
- The Wildcats average 40.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 29th in the NCAA. The Cougars rank 215th in rebounds allowed per game (37.7).
- Washington State averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 80th in the nation. Bethune-Cookman ranks 210th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Cougars have been outscored by an average of 7.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Washington State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.6 points per game (3.4 above their season average).