The South Florida Bulls (4-6) will be at home in USF Sun Dome when they square off with the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (5-5). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 14, 2017.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. South Florida Bulls ATS Preview
In the Wildcats last matchup, they were victorious over the Cal Poly Mustangs, 67-53. With 19 points and 10 rebounds, Shawntrez Davis put together a good performance for Bethune-Cookman. Bethune-Cookman dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.5 (above their season average of 32.1). For those same stats, Cal Poly was 0.091 and 29.8, respectively.
The Bulls are hoping for a better outcome after their 65-53 loss to the FIU Golden Panthers in their last outing. With six points and 17 rebounds, South Florida’s Tulio Da Silva put together a good game. FIU had a much better turnover percentage (13.8 vs. 21.4). South Florida, on the other hand, held the Golden Panthers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.0 (below the 29.5 mark opponents have averaged against South Florida this season).
The offense of South Florida (325th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 94.7) will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Bethune-Cookman (87th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 97.7). The Wildcats should have the advantage on that end of the court. This game should be a matchup of conflicting styles. The fast-paced Wildcats rank ninth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Bulls rank 325th.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bulls won the only contest played against each other last season, 79-73. One of South Florida’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Bethune-Cookman had 17.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at South Florida Bulls Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Florida, ATS Winner – South Florida, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. The Bulls rank 158th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 97th in assists per game (14.7) while South Florida ranks 126th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while South Florida ranks 255th (16.9).
- The Wildcats rank 10th in rebounds per game (42.4) while the Bulls rank 153rd (35.8).
- Bethune-Cookman averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. South Florida ranks 161st in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (2.2 below their season average).