The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (1-2) will travel to McCamish Pavilion to go head-to-head against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-1) in their home opener. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ATS Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they were beaten by the North Texas Mean Green, 90-78. Shawntrez Davis had a good game for Bethune-Cookman, putting up 12 points and 14 rebounds. North Texas had a much better free throw rate (0.417 vs. 0.205). Bethune-Cookman, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.0 vs. 21.1).
The Yellow Jackets are trying to rebound after their 63-60 loss to the No. 21 UCLA Bruins in their last outing. Ben Lammers was the games high scorer with 24 points on 11-for-18 shooting. UCLA had a better effective field goal percentage (0.454 vs. 0.379). Georgia Tech, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 18.1).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Georgia Tech figures to have a considerable advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Yellow Jackets defense ranks 21st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.458), while the Bethune-Cookman offense ranks 311th in effective field goal percentage (0.475). Moreover, the Wildcats rank 336th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.192), while the Yellow Jackets rank 29th in opponents FTA rate (0.193).
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 35th in steals per game (7.5) while the Yellow Jackets rank 218th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Georgia Tech averages 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 166th in the NCAA. Bethune-Cookman ranks 306th in rebounds allowed per game (40.0).
- Georgia Tech ranks 63rd in assists per game (15.3) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 289th in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- The Wildcats rank 111th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while the Yellow Jackets rank 327th (14.1).
- Georgia Tech averages 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. Bethune-Cookman ranks 199th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).