The Kennesaw State Owls (1-8), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (5-6) to KSU Convocation Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Kennesaw State Owls Odds Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they got blown out by the South Florida Bulls, 83-63. With 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Isaiah Bailey was Bethune-Cookman’s high scorer. South Florida’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Bethune-Cookman. The Bulls had a rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.252), while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.119 (below their season average of 0.243).
The Owls are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-53 loss to the No. 24 Texas Tech Red Raiders in their last contest. James Scott was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Texas Tech had an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.1 (above their season average of 32.4). Kennesaw State, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (20-28; 71.4 percent).
It will be a matchup of contrasting paces as the up-and-down Wildcats will look to push the more grind-it-out Owls. Dating back to last season, the Wildcats rank 15th in possessions per game while the Owls are 183rd.
The Wildcats won the lone game against the Owls last season, 75-72. One of Bethune-Cookman’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 30 trips to the line, while Kennesaw State went 17 times.
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats at Kennesaw State Owls Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats average 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 109th in the nation. The Owls rank 198th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Bethune-Cookman averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 95th in the NCAA. Kennesaw State ranks 173rd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 21st in rebounds per game (36.8) while Kennesaw State ranks 256th (35.0).
- The Wildcats rank 67th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Owls rank 256th (15.7).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 35th in blocks per game (3.5) while Kennesaw State ranks 199th (2.7).