OVC foes will clash when the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (6-7) challenge the Belmont Bruins (8-5) at Show Me Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149 points with Belmont set as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Belmont Bruins at Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Betting Preview
In the Bruins last outing, they edged the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 75-72. Dylan Windler was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 7-for-10 shooting. The Bruins held the Hilltoppers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.462 (below their season average of 0.550) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1 (above their season average of 23.6).
The Redhawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 78-48 loss to the Saint Louis Billikens in their last contest. Denzel Mahoney was Southeast Missouri State’s high scorer with 12 points on 3-for-9 shooting. Saint Louis had an effective field goal percentage of 0.621 (above their season average of 0.453). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (9-12; 75.0 percent).
Southeast Missouri State could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Southeast Missouri State ranks 57th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Belmont forces the 28th-fewest turnovers (16.5 percent). Furthermore, the Bruins 34th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.566) will square off against the Redhawks 308th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.545).
Of Belmont’s 11 games that accepted bets, six have finished over the O/U total, while 5 of Southeast Missouri State’s 8 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bruins have a sizable advantage. They are 8-5 SU and 6-3-2 ATS, while the Redhawks are 6-7 SU and 5-3 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Bruins won the only game last season, 87-75. Belmont did a great job of making free throws (14-17; 82.4 percent). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 vs. 20.8).
Belmont Bruins vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Belmont, O/U – Under
- The Bruins rank 73rd in assists per game (15.5) while the Redhawks rank 164th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Southeast Missouri State is 0-1 ATS at home, while Belmont is 4-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 1 of the Redhawks 1 home games, while 3 of the Bruins’ 5 road games have gone under.
- Belmont ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (32.2) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 155th (21.8).
- The Redhawks rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.3) while the Bruins rank 133rd (7.2).
- Belmont ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 144th (4.5).
- Southeast Missouri State is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Belmont is 2-1-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Redhawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (4.3 below their season average).