Big 12 foes will clash when the Iowa State Cyclones (9-6, 0-4 Big 12) square off with the Baylor Bears (11-5, 1-3 Big 12) at James H. Hilton Coliseum. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Baylor Bears vs. Iowa State Cyclones Free Preview
The last time the Bears played, they lost a tough one against the No. 2 West Virginia Mountaineers, 57-54. Baylor’s Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. had 11 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks in the contest. West Virginia forced the Bears into a turnover percentage of 26.6 (above their season average of 16.2). Baylor, on the other hand, held the Mountaineers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (below their season average of 37.4).
The Cyclones are trying to rebound after their 83-78 loss to the No. 12 Kansas Jayhawks in their last game. With 13 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists, Iowa State’s Nick Weiler-Babb had a solid game. Kansas forced the Cyclones into a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above their season average of 14.4). Iowa State, meanwhile, held the Jayhawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.8 (below their season average of 29.6).
Baylor could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Iowa State ranks 70th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Baylor forces the 25th-fewest turnovers (16.2 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent game, the Cyclones won 72-69. The Cyclones played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.267 and a solid turnover percentage of 8.8. The Bears were 0.049 and 14.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Baylor Bears vs. Iowa State Cyclones Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
- The Bears rank 19th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Cyclones rank 82nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Baylor ranks 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Iowa State ranks 176th (36.3).
- The Bears rank 37th in assists per game (16.4) while the Cyclones rank 134th (13.6).
- Iowa State averages 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 128th in the NCAA. Baylor ranks 195th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Cyclones have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Iowa State has defeated opponents by an average of 2.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (11.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (0.2 above their season average).