The Baylor Bears (12-9, 2-6 Big 12) look to end their six-game road losing streak when they challenge the No. 12 Oklahoma Sooners (15-5, 5-3 Big 12), who will try to lengthen their nine-game home winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 156.5 points with Oklahoma set as a 7.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Baylor Bears at Oklahoma Sooners Odds Preview
In the Bears last contest, they got blown out by the No. 20 Florida Gators, 81-60. With 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting, Terry Maston led Baylor in scoring. Florida had a better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.150). Baylor, meanwhile, held the Gators to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 30.7).
The Sooners are trying to rebound after their 80-73 loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in their last matchup. Khadeem Lattin led Oklahoma in scoring with 18 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Alabama had a much better free throw rate (0.222 vs. 0.099). Oklahoma, on the other hand, forced the Crimson Tide into a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above their season average of 17.4).
The high-powered offense of Oklahoma will square off against the mid-tier defense of Baylor. The Sooners rank 22nd in offensive efficiency, while the Bears are 139th in defensive efficiency. The Sooners figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games involving Baylor have finished under 64.3 percent of the time, while 63.2 percent of Oklahoma games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Sooners have a clear advantage. They are 15-5 SU and 8-11 ATS, while the Bears are 12-9 SU and 7-7 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Bears won both contests last season. In the last matchup, Baylor won 60-54. The Bears 37.8 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Sooners, who had a mark of 27.5.
Baylor Bears at Oklahoma Sooners Betting Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Under
- The Bears average 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 29th in the nation. The Sooners rank 171st in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Oklahoma ranks 63rd in steals per game (7.1) while Baylor ranks 68th in steals allowed per game (5.7).
- Baylor is 4-4 ATS on the road with 6 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- At home, Oklahoma is 5-4 ATS with 6 overs and 3 unders.
- Baylor ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Oklahoma ranks 246th (38.5).
- The Sooners rank 22nd in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while the Bears rank 222nd (19.4).
- Oklahoma averages 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. Baylor ranks 194th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Oklahoma is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Baylor is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Sooners have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Oklahoma has defeated opponents by an average of 8.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average).