The Baylor Bears (12-6, 2-4 Big 12) visit No. 10 Kansas to take on the Jayhawks (15-3, 5-1 Big 12) in what should be a high-scoring game. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Baylor Bears vs. Kansas Jayhawks Betting Preview
The last time the Bears played, they were victorious over the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 76-60. Manu Lecomte was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 11-for-17 shooting. Baylor played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 16.7) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 35.0). For those same stats, Oklahoma State was 19.1 and 36.4, respectively.
The Jayhawks hope to maintain momentum after defeating the No. 6 West Virginia Mountaineers in their last matchup, 71-66. Devonte Graham fueled Kansas with 16 points and six assists. Kansas played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.4 (worse than their season average of 14.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (below their season average of 0.597). For those same stats, West Virginia had marks of 19.2 and 0.444, respectively.
This meeting figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s best offenses face off. Kansas ranks 13th with 118.5 points per 100 possessions and Baylor is 55th (112.8). Moreover, the Bears rank 24th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.5 percent), while the Jayhawks rank 266th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Jayhawks won both contests last season. In the last game, Kansas won 67-65. Kansas did a great job of converting from the free throw line (16-20; 80.0 percent). Baylor, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.4 vs. 30.3).
Baylor Bears vs. Kansas Jayhawks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Under
- The Bears average 39.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 29th in the nation. The Jayhawks rank 148th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Baylor averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 23rd in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 92nd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Kansas ranks 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Baylor ranks 210th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Jayhawks average 18.0 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. The Bears rank 182nd in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Kansas ranks 48th in steals per game (7.5) while Baylor ranks 173rd (5.1).
- The Jayhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 15.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (9.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (0.3 below their season average).