MAC foes will clash when the Western Michigan Broncos (10-6, 2-1 MAC) square off against the Ball State Cardinals (11-5, 2-1 MAC) at University Arena in Read Fieldhouse. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Ball State Cardinals at Western Michigan Broncos Betting Preview
The last time the Cardinals played, they were victorious over the Ohio Bobcats, 75-68. With 16 points and 11 rebounds, Trey Moses played well for Ball State. The Cardinals held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.506) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below the 26.9 mark opponents have averaged against Ball State this season).
The Broncos are trying to rebound after their 84-61 loss to the Toledo Rockets in their last contest. Thomas Wilder was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 11-for-23 shooting. Toledo did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent). Western Michigan, on the other hand, forced the Rockets into a turnover percentage of 24.0 (above their season average of 15.9).
Western Michigan could put on a ball-control clinic in this meeting. Western Michigan ranks 54th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Ball State forces the 62nd-fewest turnovers (17.2 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Cardinals won two out of three games last season. In the most recent game, Ball State won 66-63. Ball State had a much better free throw rate (0.255 vs. 0.111). Western Michigan, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (18.6 vs. 15.0).
Ball State Cardinals at Western Michigan Broncos Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Over
- The Broncos average 13.4 assists per game, which ranks 147th in the NCAA. The Cardinals rank 164th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Ball State averages 36.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 114th in the nation. Western Michigan ranks 130th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Ball State averages 24.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. Western Michigan ranks 244th in three pointers allowed per game (25.8).
- The Broncos rank 21st in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Cardinals rank 149th (7.4).
- Western Michigan ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Ball State ranks 120th (4.1).
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (9.7 below their season average).