The Ball State Cardinals (13-8, 4-4 MAC) will try to snap the seven-game winning streak of Toledo when they travel to Savage Arena to take on the Rockets (15-6, 7-1 MAC). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 155 points with Toledo opening as an 8-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
Ball State Cardinals vs. Toledo Rockets ATS Preview
The last time the Cardinals played, they were victorious over the Akron Zips, 111-106. Tahjai Teague was Ball State’s high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Ball State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.485 (above their season average of 0.235) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 26.8). Akron recorded marks of 0.247 and 26.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The Rockets hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Bowling Green Falcons in their last matchup, 101-75. Toledo rallied around Tre’Shaun Fletcher, who was the games high scorer with 26 points on 12-for-15 shooting. Toledo played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.8 (above their season average of 27.0) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.741 (above their season average of 0.558). Bowling Green was 22.5 and 0.484, respectively, for those same stats.
Toledo should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Rockets currently rank 24th in offensive efficiency, while Ball State ranks 243rd in defensive efficiency.
Of Ball State’s 15 games that accepted bets, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 10 of Toledo’s 18 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Rockets have a significant advantage. They are 15-6 SU and 10-8 ATS, while the Cardinals are 13-8 SU and 6-9 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Cardinals won both meetings last season. In the last matchup, Ball State won 82-74. Ball State made 14 of its 31 three pointers (45.2 percent). Toledo, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (17-20; 85.0 percent).
Ball State Cardinals vs. Toledo Rockets Betting Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Over
- The Rockets rank 71st in blocks per game (4.0) while the Cardinals rank 123rd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Ball State ranks 177th in steals per game (5.4) while Toledo ranks 226th (4.0).
- On the road, Ball State is 4-5 ATS with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Toledo is 4-4 ATS at home with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- Toledo ranks 36th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Ball State ranks 164th (14.0).
- The Rockets rank 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Cardinals rank 192nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- Toledo averages 37.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 83rd in the NCAA. Ball State ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Toledo is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ball State is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.8 points per game (6.8 above their season average).