The Ball State Cardinals (1-0) will travel to Mackey Arena to square off against the 24th-ranked Purdue Boilermakers (1-0). The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Ball State Cardinals at Purdue Boilermakers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Boilermakers dismantled the Fairfield Stags 90-57, while the Cardinals defeated the Indiana State Sycamores 86-69.
Ball State dominated every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.231 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.546. For those same stats, Indiana State was 0.164 and 0.433, respectively. The Boilermakers, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.203 vs. 0.083) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 25.0). Purdue’s Carsen Edwards played well, contributing 30 points. Ball State, meanwhile, was led by Tahjai Teague, who put up 21 points and seven rebounds.
Purdue should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Dating back to last season, Purdue ranks 31st in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.0 percent), while Ball State has forced the 65th-fewest turnovers (16.8 percent).
Ball State vs. Purdue Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Purdue ranks 31st in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Ball State ranks 215th (6.9).
- The Boilermakers rank 27th in assists per game (16.2) while the Cardinals rank 132nd in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- Purdue ranks 120th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while Ball State ranks 168th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0).
- The Boilermakers rank 46th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Cardinals rank 228th (36.3).
- Purdue ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Ball State ranks 162nd (3.6).