The Dayton Flyers and Ball State Cardinals will clash at University of Dayton Arena to commence the new season. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 143.5 points with Dayton opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Ball State Cardinals vs. Dayton Flyers Betting Preview
Dayton was a seven seed in the tournament last season and was defeated in the First Round by the Wichita State Shockers. In the regular season, the Flyers went 24-7. Meanwhile, Ball State failed to make the tournament following a 21-12 regular season campaign.
Ball State could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Last season, Dayton ranked 64th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Ball State forced the 90th-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent).
The Cardinals had a respectable 21-12 straight up (SU) record last season, but were just 14-15-1 against the spread (ATS). Vegas had a tendency to place the total a bit low when Ball State is involved, as 73.3 percent of their games ended over the O/U total.
Meanwhile, the Flyers owned records of 24-7 SU and 19-10-1 ATS last season. Similar to Ball State, Dayton games had a tendency to go over the O/U total (56.7 percent).
Ball State Cardinals vs. Dayton Flyers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals average 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. The Flyers rank 113th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- Dayton averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. Ball State ranks 119th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Dayton ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (4.3) while Ball State ranks 235th (7.3).
- The Cardinals rank 71st in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Flyers rank 233rd (34.3).
- Ball State ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while Dayton ranks 198th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).