The 20th-ranked TCU Horned Frogs welcome the Bakersfield Roadrunners to Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena to get their seasons going. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at TCU Horned Frogs Betting Odds
TCU went to the tournament last season following a 21-11 regular season campaign that earned them a six seed in the tournament. They were defeated in the First Round by the Syracuse Orange. Bakersfield, meanwhile, did not reach the tournament following a 12-18 regular season.
The high-powered offense of TCU will square off against the mid-tier defense of Bakersfield. In the 2017-18 season, the Horned Frogs ranked 14th in offensive efficiency, while the Roadrunners were 155th in defensive efficiency. The Horned Frogs should have the edge on that end of the court.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at TCU Horned Frogs Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Bakersfield, ATS Winner – Bakersfield, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- TCU ranks second in assists per game (18.6) while Bakersfield ranks 202nd (12.9).
- The Horned Frogs rank 188th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while the Roadrunners rank 213th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- TCU averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 114th in the country. Bakersfield ranks 124th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- The Horned Frogs rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.3) while the Roadrunners rank 101st (33.6).
- Bakersfield averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 185th in the nation. TCU ranks 223rd in blocks allowed per game (4.3).