The Bakersfield Roadrunners (7-6) and the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens (5-6), who both like to play patient, will face off at Bob Carpenter Center Acierno Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Free Preview
The Roadrunners edged the Georgia Southern Eagles in their last contest, 55-53. Rickey Holden was the top scorer from either team with 16 points on 4-for-13 shooting. Bakersfield dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (below their season average of 35.1). Georgia Southern was 12.5 and 29.3, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Fightin’ Blue Hens last matchup, they beat the Delaware State Hornets, 68-59. Delaware was lifted by Kevin Anderson, who finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds. Delaware played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 (above their season average of 30.2) and a turnover percentage of 15.8 (worse than their season average of 14.2). Delaware State recorded marks of 23.5 and 19.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Delaware currently ranks 316th in possessions per game (66.8) and Bakersfield is 325th (66.2).
Ryan Daly has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Delaware, averaging 17.8 points and 1.8 steals per game.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Delaware, ATS Winner – Delaware, O/U – Over
- Bakersfield ranks 137th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Delaware ranks 231st (18.1).
- The Roadrunners are 39th in the nation with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while the Fightin’ Blue Hens are 58th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Bakersfield is 36th in the NCAA with 5.3 steals allowed per game while Delaware is 50th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- The Fightin’ Blue Hens average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (4.9 below their season average).