The Arkansas Razorbacks (9-2) will be at home in Bud Walton Arena when they square off with the Bakersfield Roadrunners (7-7). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Betting Preview
The Roadrunners lost to the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens in their last outing, 76-62. With 23 points on 7-for-17 shooting, Jarkel Joiner was the top scorer from either team. Delaware won the rebounding battle. The Fightin Blue Hens had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. five), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 19) and total rebounds (39 vs. 24).
In the Razorbacks last matchup, they blew out the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 104-69. With 18 points on 8-for-9 shooting, Jaylen Barford was Arkansas high scorer. Arkansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 12.6) and a free throw rate of 0.116 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Oral Roberts was 31.7 and 0.055, respectively.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this meeting. Arkansas prefers a fast-paced style of play (24th in possessions per game), while Bakersfield likes to grind-it-out (333rd in possessions per game).
Both of these teams have a tendency to finish over the O/U total. Games featuring Bakersfield have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while Arkansas games have finished over 63.6 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Razorbacks have a substantial advantage. They are 9-2 SU and 8-3 ATS, while the Roadrunners are 7-7 SU and 2-2 ATS.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. Arkansas Razorbacks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Arkansas, O/U – Over
- The Razorbacks rank 24th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Roadrunners rank 25th (5.1).
- Arkansas ranks 28th in assists per game (17.5) while Bakersfield ranks 148th (13.4).
- The Razorbacks rank 29th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Roadrunners rank 148th (2.6).
- Bakersfield averages 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 147th in the nation. Arkansas ranks 180th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- The Razorbacks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, down from 16.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (2.4 below their season average).