The Bakersfield Roadrunners (10-13, 3-5 WAC) will attempt to put an end to the nine-game winning streak of New Mexico State when they travel to Pan American Center to square off against the Aggies (20-3, 7-0 WAC). Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 8, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Bakersfield Roadrunners at New Mexico State Aggies Odds Preview
In the Roadrunners’ last outing, they had no trouble getting past the UMKC Kangaroos, 81-58. Jarkel Joiner was the game’s leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-13 shooting. The Roadrunners, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.5, had a ridiculous mark of 42.9 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.474).
The Aggies come in on a high note after dismantling the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros in their last matchup, 90-67. New Mexico State rallied around Zach Lofton, who was the top scorer from either team with 34 points on 10-for-17 shooting. The Aggies, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.520, had a fantastic mark of 0.644 and had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 18.2).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, New Mexico State figures to have a noteworthy edge. The Aggies defense ranks eighth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.451), while the Bakersfield offense is ranked 305th in effective field goal percentage (0.480). Additionally, the Roadrunners are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 51st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent). The Aggies, meanwhile, rank 27th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Aggies won 66-53. New Mexico State’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Bakersfield. The Aggies had a rate of 0.509 while the Roadrunners posted a mark of 0.408. In the victory, Lofton led all scorers with 28 points.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. New Mexico State Aggies Free Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Bakersfield, ATS Winner – Bakersfield, O/U – Over
- The Aggies rank 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Roadrunners rank 67th (5.7).
- New Mexico State is 11th in the nation with 2.3 blocks allowed per game while Bakersfield is 26th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- New Mexico State ranks 16th in rebounds per game (40.0) while Bakersfield ranks 152nd (35.4).
- The Aggies rank third in assists allowed per game (9.1) while the Roadrunners rank 108th (12.9).
- New Mexico State averages 22.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. Bakersfield ranks 171st in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- The Aggies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 22.8, up from 12.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (7.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average).