A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Portland State Vikings (5-5) when they welcome the Bakersfield Roadrunners (7-4) to Peter W Stott Center. Action starts at 10:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018.
Bakersfield Roadrunners vs. Portland State Vikings ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Vikings got blown out by the 14th-ranked Oregon Ducks, 84-57, while the Roadrunners were beaten by the 20th-ranked TCU Horned Frogs, 66-61.
Bakersfield had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 17.4) while Portland State had a much better turnover percentage (12.1 vs. 17.8). Jamie Orme had a good game for Portland State, finishing with 11 points and five rebounds. Bakersfield was lifted by Jarkel Joiner, who had 18 points.
It will be a battle of contrasting styles as the up-tempo Vikings (ranked 13th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Roadrunners (270th in possessions per game). Additionally, the Roadrunners are among the NCAA’s best on the offensive backboards, ranking 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.1 percent). The Vikings, however, rank 27th at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.7 percent.
Bakersfield at Portland State Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Portland State, O/U – Under
- Bakersfield ranks 14th in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while Portland State ranks 152nd (4.6).
- The Roadrunners average 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 92nd in the nation. The Vikings rank 153rd in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Portland State ranks 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Bakersfield ranks 68th (20.5).
- The Vikings rank first in rebounds per game (47.1) while the Roadrunners rank 135th (35.9).
- Bakersfield ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Portland State ranks 124th (6.9).
- The Vikings’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (1.1 above their season average).