The Vanderbilt Commodores and Austin Peay Governors will battle at Memorial Gym to start the new season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148 points with Vanderbilt opening as a 25.5-point favorite. Action begins at 9:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Austin Peay Governors vs. Vanderbilt Commodores Free Preview
Vanderbilt was a nine seed in the tournament last season and lost in the First Round to the Northwestern Wildcats. The Commodores went 19-15 in the regular season. Austin Peay, meanwhile, did not make the tournament following an 11-19 regular season campaign.
Opposite paces will be on display in this showdown. Last season, Austin Peay preferred to play fast (82nd in possessions per game), while Vanderbilt was more methodical (297th in possessions per game).
The Governors had a solid record against the spread last season (16-11), despite being 11-19 straight up (SU). Austin Peay games finished over the projected point total 51.9 percent of the time.
On the other side, the Commodores owned records of 19-15 SU and 20-13 ATS last season. Converse to Austin Peay, Vanderbilt games had a tendency to finish under the projected point total (57.6 percent).
Austin Peay Governors at Vanderbilt Commodores Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Vanderbilt, ATS Winner – Vanderbilt, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Commodores rank 131st in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while the Governors rank 261st (37.4).
- Austin Peay ranks 186th in steals per game (5.7) while Vanderbilt ranks 285th (4.2).
- Vanderbilt ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while Austin Peay ranks 273rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Commodores rank 40th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Governors rank 285th (15.8).
- Vanderbilt ranks 95th in blocks per game (3.8) while Austin Peay ranks 234th (2.4).