The Austin Peay Governors (4-5) travel to Evansville to play the Aces (8-2) in a game that has the potential to be low-scoring. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Austin Peay Governors at Evansville Aces Betting Preview
In the Governors last contest, they lost to the Illinois Fighting Illini, 64-57. Austin Peay’s Avery Ugba put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Illinois did a great job of making free throws (20-28; 71.4 percent). Austin Peay, meanwhile, held the Fighting Illini to an effective field goal percentage of 0.415 (below their season average of 0.510).
The Aces will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Canisius Golden Griffins in their last game, 65-58. Evansville received a boost from Dru Smith, who was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 4-for-8 shooting. The Aces knocked down 22 of their 28 free throws (78.6 percent) and held the Golden Griffins to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.576).
This meeting figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the nation’s top defenses battle. Since the 2016-17 season, Evansville ranks 43rd in defensive efficiency (100.1) and Austin Peay is 29th (110.6). It will also be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Governors rank 49th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Aces rank 341st.
The Aces won the sole game against the Governors last season, 77-69. The Aces dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.564. For those same stats, the Governors were 27.8 and 0.481, respectively.
Austin Peay Governors at Evansville Aces Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Governors rank 128th in blocks per game (2.6) while the Aces rank 140th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Evansville ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (12.4) while Austin Peay ranks 40th (14.8).
- Austin Peay ranks fifth in steals per game (6.7) while Evansville ranks 194th (5.2).
- The Governors rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while the Aces rank 196th (22.0).
- Evansville ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while Austin Peay ranks 90th (36.5).