OVC foes will collide when the Eastern Illinois Panthers (9-15, 5-8 OVC) meet the Austin Peay Governors (14-11, 9-4 OVC) at Lantz Arena. Tip-off is set for 4:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Austin Peay Governors at Eastern Illinois Panthers Betting Preview
The last time the Governors played, they got blown out by the Murray State Racers, 84-63. With 17 points on 6-for-11 shooting, Zach Glotta led Austin Peay in scoring. Murray State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.676 (above their season average of 0.567). Austin Peay, meanwhile, held the Racers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 34.9).
The Panthers will look to keep it rolling after defeating the SIUE Cougars in their last outing, 78-74. Eastern Illinois received a boost from Montell Goodwin, who led the team in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-13 shooting. The Panthers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.473, had a fantastic mark of 0.643 and had a free throw rate of 0.306 (above their season average of 0.205).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Eastern Illinois offense. Eastern Illinois ranks 282nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.7 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Austin Peay forces the 13th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.6 percent). Additionally, the Governors, who rank fourth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 percent), will try to take advantage of the Panthers, who rank 266th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Governors, it’s been Averyl Ugba, who has averaged 18.6 points, 10.8 rebounds and 2.0 blocks, while the Panthers have gotten solid contributions from Mack Smith (19.0 points).
These teams have already met once this season. The Governors won 70-54. The Governors played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 51.5. For those same stats, the Panthers were 0.103 and 31.0, respectively. Ugba recorded a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Austin Peay Governors vs. Eastern Illinois Panthers Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Austin Peay, O/U – Over
- The Governors average 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 99th in the nation. The Panthers rank 151st in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- Austin Peay ranks 76th in steals per game (6.8) while Eastern Illinois ranks 114th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Austin Peay ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while Eastern Illinois ranks 143rd (13.5).
- The Panthers rank 61st in blocks per game (4.2) while the Governors rank 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 214th in three pointers attempted per game (20.0) while Austin Peay ranks 283rd (16.8).
- The Panthers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 1.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Governors have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.4 points per game (5.6 above their season average).