The Ole Miss Rebels (11-10, 4-4 SEC) look to lengthen a six-game home winning streak when they meet the No. 11 Auburn Tigers (19-2, 7-1 SEC) at The Pavilion at Ole Miss. Auburn is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 163 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Auburn Tigers at Ole Miss Rebels Betting Preview
In the Tigers last contest, they easily got past the LSU Tigers, 95-70. Mustapha Heron was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Auburn had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (50.0 vs. 29.4) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.656 (above their season average of 0.525).
The Rebels are trying to rebound after their 85-72 loss to the Texas Longhorns in their last game. With 16 points and six rebounds, Dominik Olejniczak played well for Ole Miss. Texas had a turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 15.7). Ole Miss, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 26.5).
The aggressive Ole Miss offense could be living from the charity stripe in this meeting. The Rebels currently rank 84th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.268, while Auburn ranks 308th in FTA rate allowed (0.287). Additionally, the Tigers 16th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 117.2) will try to exploit the Rebels 254th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 106.3).
Of Auburn’s 18 games that accepted bets, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 12 of Ole Miss 20 games have finished under the projected point total. The Tigers hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 19-2 SU and 13-5 ATS, while the Rebels are 11-10 SU and 9-11 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 155 points, which was under the projected point total of 163.5. The Tigers won 85-70, covering as 12-point favorites. The Tigers played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.518 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. The Rebels had marks of 0.277 and 0.400, respectively, for those same stats. Anfernee McLemore was a top performer in the victory, with 13 points and nine rebounds.
Auburn Tigers at Ole Miss Rebels Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 37th in steals per game (7.7) while the Rebels rank 122nd (6.3).
- Auburn averages 6.2 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 75th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Auburn is 7-3 ATS on the road with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- Ole Miss is 7-5 ATS at home with 7 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- Auburn averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. Ole Miss ranks 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Tigers rank 64th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Rebels rank 237th (16.0).
- Auburn averages 26.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 38th in the NCAA. Ole Miss ranks 209th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- Ole Miss is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Auburn is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Rebels have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Ole Miss has defeated opponents by an average of 2.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 82.4 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average).