The Auburn Tigers (9-1) head to CFSB Center to clash against the Murray State Racers (7-2). The Tigers look to prolong their seven-game winning streak. Auburn is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 157 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Auburn Tigers at Murray State Racers Free Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they beat the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders, 76-70. Mustapha Heron was Auburn’s leading scorer with 16 points on 4-for-7 shooting. Auburn played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (below their season average of 39.4) and a free throw rate of 0.392 (above their season average of 0.288). Middle Tennessee had marks of 20.6 and 0.340, respectively, for those same stats.
The Racers hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Marist Red Foxes in their last contest, 100-63. Murray State’s Temetrius Morant was a key piece with 16 points and 10 assists. Murray State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 54.2 (above their season average of 34.0) and a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 16.1). For those same stats, Marist was 19.2 and 23.3, respectively.
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the NCAA’s top offenses square off. Murray State ranks 12th with 113.2 points per 100 possessions and Auburn is 37th (109.3) since last season. It will also be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the up-tempo Tigers rank 53rd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Racers rank 268th.
Of Auburn’s 7 games that accepted bets, four have finished under the O/U total, while 3 of Murray State’s 6 games have finished over the projected point total. The Tigers come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 9-1 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Racers are 7-2 SU and 4-2 ATS.
Auburn Tigers vs. Murray State Racers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Murray State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Racers rank 98th in steals per game (6.1) while the Tigers rank 171st in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Both of these teams are exceptional at blocking the ball. Auburn is 10th in the NCAA with 5.3 blocks per game while Murray State is 58th with 2.7 blocks per game.
- Murray State ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Auburn ranks 114th (13.6).
- The Tigers rank 17th in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Racers rank 99th (37.6).
- Murray State ranks 140th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while Auburn ranks 221st in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).