SEC foes will collide when the Georgia Bulldogs (13-10, 4-7 SEC) square off with the No. 8 Auburn Tigers (21-3, 9-2 SEC) at Stegeman Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Auburn Tigers at Georgia Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Tigers last outing, they lost a close one to the Texas A&M Aggies, 81-80. With 28 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Mustapha Heron was the top scorer from either team. Texas A&M held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.5 (below their season average of 35.0). Auburn, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (21-24; 87.5 percent).
The Bulldogs are hoping for a better outcome after their 81-66 loss to the Vanderbilt Commodores in their last matchup. Yante Maten was the games high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Vanderbilt did a great job of making free throws (16-16; 100.0 percent). Georgia, on the other hand, forced the Commodores into a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above their season average of 15.6).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Georgia. Georgia ranks 256th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Auburn forces the 60th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.4 percent). Contrasting styles will be on display in this battle. The fast-paced Tigers rank 44th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 325th.
Heron has really been playing well recently for Auburn, averaging 17.6 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. The Tigers won 79-65. The Tigers turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulldogs. Auburn had a rate of 11.8, while Georgia posted a mark of 24.6. Bryce Brown was the games top overall scorer with 28 points.
Auburn Tigers vs. Georgia Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 100th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Georgia ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Auburn ranks 77th (12.4).
- Auburn ranks 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while Georgia ranks 256th (18.5).
- The Tigers rank 37th in steals per game (7.5) while the Bulldogs rank 224th (4.2).
- Georgia ranks 38th in rebounds per game (38.8) while Auburn ranks 135th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 5.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Georgia has defeated opponents by an average of 2.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 87.6 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).