The Alabama Crimson Tide (11-6, 3-2 SEC) will try to put an end to the 14-game winning streak of Auburn when they welcome the No. 17 Tigers (16-1, 4-0 SEC) to Coleman Coliseum. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 155.5 points with Auburn set as a 1.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 17, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Auburn Tigers at Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Preview
The Tigers defeated the Mississippi State Bulldogs in their last outing, 76-68. Bryce Brown was the games high scorer with 23 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The Tigers had a great turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 15.0) and had a free throw rate of 0.417 (above their season average of 0.305).
In the Crimson Tide’s last game, they defeated the LSU Tigers, 74-66. Alabama rallied around Dazon Ingram, who led the team in scoring with 18 points on 4-for-5 shooting. The Crimson Tide, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.1, had an extraordinary mark of 38.7 and held the Tigers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.471 (below their season average of 0.575).
The physical Alabama offense could be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this meeting. The Crimson Tide rank 40th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.289, while Auburn ranks 286th in FTA rate allowed (0.279).
Of Auburn’s 14 games that accepted bets, seven have finished over the projected point total, while 9 of Alabama’s 15 games have finished under the O/U total. The Tigers come into this game with a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 16-1 SU and 10-4 ATS, while the Crimson Tide are 11-6 SU and 8-7-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Tigers won both contests last season. In the last matchup, Auburn won 82-77. Auburn was lights out from beyond the arc (15-27; 55.6 percent). Alabama, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (50.0 vs. 21.2).
Auburn Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 113th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Auburn is 6-2 ATS on the road with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Alabama is 3-3-1 ATS with 5 unders and 1 over.
- Auburn ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Alabama ranks 213th (19.1).
- The Tigers rank ninth in rebounds per game (41.5) while the Crimson Tide rank 175th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Auburn ranks sixth in blocks per game (6.3) while Alabama ranks 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Alabama is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Auburn is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Crimson Tide’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 5.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 88.2 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average).