he Atlanta Hawks (9-25) look to snap their five-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Toronto Raptors (23-10), who will try to extend their 10-game home winning streak. Toronto opened as an 11-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215 points. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017, and it can be seen on TSN2 Toronto.
Atlanta Hawks at Toronto Raptors Betting Preview
he Hawks defeated the Washington Wizards in their last outing, 113-99. Dennis Schroder was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Atlanta played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 21.4) and a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 14.0). Washington put up marks of 19.6 and 12.3, respectively, for those same stats.
n the Raptors last matchup, they were topped by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 124-107. With 13 points and 10 assists, Toronto’s Kyle Lowry played well. Oklahoma City had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 27.3). Toronto, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (24-26; 92.3 percent).
oronto could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Raptors rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Atlanta ranks 28th in defensive efficiency.
f Atlanta’s 34 games, 18 have finished over the projected point total, while 17 of Toronto’s 33 games have finished under the O/U total. The Raptors have the better straight up (SU) record (23-10 vs. 9-25), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Toronto is 19-14, while Atlanta is 19-14-1 ATS.
ent Bazemore has been playing at a high level recently for Atlanta, averaging 14.0 points, 5.4 assists and 2.6 steals over the last five games.
hese teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 190 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 208. The Raptors won 112-78, covering as 6.5-point favorites. The Raptors played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 30.6 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.625. The Hawks were 16.7 and 0.387, respectively, for those same stats. Lowry recorded a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds.
Atlanta Hawks vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Prediction
redictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.6) while the Hawks rank 22nd (9.3).
- Toronto ranks fifth in steals per game (8.8) while Atlanta ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Toronto ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (21.9) while Atlanta ranks 29th (25.8).
- Toronto ranks 19th in rebounds per game (42.2) while Atlanta ranks 28th (39.8).
- On the road, Atlanta is 10-6-1 ATS with 9 unders and 8 overs.
- At home, Toronto is 8-5 ATS with 7 overs and 6 unders.
- When allowing below 100 points, Toronto is 10-3 and Atlanta is 2-3.
- The Hawks are 9-14 when they score over 100 points, while the Raptors are 22-5.
- The Raptors rank fifth in points in the paint per game (47.5) while the Hawks rank 22nd (41.5).
- Toronto ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (25.9) while Atlanta ranks 27th (31.4).
- The Raptors rank third in blocks per game (5.5) while the Hawks rank 23rd (4.0).
- The Hawks rank 16th in second chance points per game (12.0) while the Raptors rank 26th in second chance points allowed per game (13.6).
- Toronto averages 19.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the league. Atlanta ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.9).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 109.4 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.0 points per game (1.4 below their season average).