The Toronto Raptors (45-17) will be at home in Air Canada Centre when they meet the Atlanta Hawks (20-44). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 218.5 points with Toronto opening as a 13.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 6, 2018, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
Atlanta Hawks at Toronto Raptors Free Preview
In the Hawks last matchup, they barely escaped the Phoenix Suns, 113-112. With 21 points, six rebounds and six assists, Atlanta’s Dennis Schroder had a good game. The Hawks held the Suns to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 23.4). The Suns had a free throw rate of 0.098 (below their season average of 0.213).
The Raptors come in on a high note after topping the Charlotte Hornets in their last game, 103-98. Toronto’s Jonas Valanciunas played a key role with 18 points and 13 rebounds. The Raptors held the Hornets to an effective field goal percentage of 0.406 (below their season average of 0.503) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.0 (below the 23.1 mark opponents have averaged against Toronto this season).
Toronto could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense faces off against one of the leagues worst defenses. The Raptors currently rank fourth in offensive efficiency, while Atlanta ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency.
Of Atlanta’s 64 games, 33 have finished under the projected point total, while 32 of Toronto’s 62 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the superior straight up (SU) record (45-17 vs. 20-44) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (35-27 vs. 33-29-2).
Taurean Prince has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Atlanta, averaging 16.4 points and 2.6 steals per game.
These two teams have already met three times this year, with the Raptors winning all three. In the most recent matchup, Valanciunas had 16 points and 13 rebounds and the Raptors defeated the Hawks 108-93, covering as 6.5-point favorites. The two teams combined to put up 201 points, which was 13.5 points below the projected point total of 214.5 points. The Raptors played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.517. The Hawks were 0.128 and 0.431, respectively, for those same stats.
Atlanta Hawks at Toronto Raptors Free Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.2) while the Hawks rank 28th (40.7).
- Toronto averages 14.0 fast break points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (13.0).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (25.1) while Atlanta ranks 22nd (30.1).
- Toronto ranks 17th in rebounds per game (43.5) while Atlanta ranks 25th (41.0).
- Toronto is 17-14 ATS at home, while Atlanta is 15-13-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 17 of the Hawks 30 road games, while 16 of the Raptors 31 home games have gone under.
- Atlanta is 9-4 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Toronto is 22-5.
- The Hawks are 18-25 when they score above 100 points, while the Raptors are 42-10.
- The Raptors rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Hawks rank 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Toronto ranks third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Atlanta ranks 27th (8.6).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Hawks rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Hawks rank 15th in second chance points per game (12.4) while the Raptors rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Toronto ranks seventh in assists per game (23.6) while Atlanta ranks last in assists allowed per game (26.0).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Raptors average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 105.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average).