The Atlanta Hawks (12-29) travel to Wells Fargo Center to challenge the Philadelphia 76ers (27-15). The Hawks are 12.5-point underdogs and will try to snap a five-game road losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 231.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 11, 2019.
Atlanta Hawks at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The 76ers (3.5-point favorites) were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 123-106, while the Hawks (8.5-point underdogs) fell to the Brooklyn Nets, 116-100. The Philadelphia game finished 1.5 points over the projected point total of 227.5, while the Atlanta game finished 10.5 points under the projected point total of 226.5.
Atlanta did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-25; 88.0 percent) while Philadelphia did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (24-31; 77.4 percent). Joel Embiid had a good outing for Philadelphia, finishing with 35 points and 14 rebounds. Atlanta was led by John Collins, who finished with 30 points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Ben Simmons led the 76ers to a 113-92 victory. He notched a double-double with 21 points and 12 rebounds. Philadelphia covered as a 12-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 205 points, which was well under the projected point total of 229. Philadelphia won the rebounding battle. The 76ers had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. 10), defensive rebounds (48 vs. 37) and total rebounds (64 vs. 47).
Hawks games have finished over the total 51.2 percent of the time. Atlanta holds records of 12-29 straight up (SU) and 18-23 against the spread (ATS).
76ers games have a tendency to go over the total (57.1 percent). Moreover, Philadelphia is 27-15 SU and 20-22 ATS.
Philadelphia could have their way on defense as they clash against one of the worst offenses in the NBA. The 76ers currently rank fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.507), while Atlanta is 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.508).
Atlanta Hawks vs. Philadelphia 76ers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Hawks average 8.8 steals per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The 76ers rank 19th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Philadelphia ranks third in assists allowed per game (22.4) while Atlanta ranks 29th (27.4).
- The 76ers average 15.0 fast break points per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Hawks rank 28th in fast break points allowed per game (16.8).
- Philadelphia averages 47.5 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Atlanta ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (45.9).
- Philadelphia ranks 10th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5) while Atlanta ranks 26th (14.5).
- The Hawks average 18.5 points off turnovers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. The 76ers rank 27th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.3).
- The 76ers rank ninth in three pointers allowed per game (30.0) while the Hawks rank 26th (33.3).
- Atlanta averages 51.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Philadelphia ranks 18th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.4).
- Philadelphia ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Atlanta ranks 22nd (5.5).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Atlanta is 3-2 and Philadelphia is 7-0.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the 76ers are 27-11 and the Hawks are 11-22.
- Atlanta is 12-12 ATS on the road, while Philadelphia is 12-9 ATS at home.
- Of the Hawks’ 24 road games, they have 12 overs and 12 unders.
- The 76ers have 12 overs, 8 unders and 1 push in 21 home games.
- The 76ers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Hawks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Philadelphia has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Atlanta has 4 unders and 1 over.
- The 76ers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 103.4 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 112.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average).