The New York Knicks, 3.5-point favorites, welcome the Atlanta Hawks to Madison Square Garden to get their seasons started. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
Atlanta Hawks vs. New York Knicks ATS Odds
Last season, New York failed to make the playoffs following a 29-53 regular season. Atlanta also was unable make the playoffs after a 24-58 regular season campaign.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the New York offense. Last season, New York ranked 22nd in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.2 percent), while the gambling defense of Atlanta forced the fourth-most turnovers in the NBA (14.6 percent). ,
Last season, the Hawks had records of 24-58 straight up (SU) and 42-46 against the spread (ATS). Of Atlanta’s 88 games that accepted bets last season, 52 finished under the O/U total.
The Knicks, meanwhile, owned records of 29-53 SU and 42-40 ATS last season. New York games also finished under the O/U total 52.4 percent of the time.
The Hawks edged out the Knicks in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last matchup, Atlanta won 99-96. Atlanta did a great job of converting from the free throw line (14-19; 73.7 percent). New York, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 vs. 28.9).
Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Knicks average 13.4 second chance points per game, which ranks seventh in the league. The Hawks rank 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8).
- Atlanta ranks seventh in three pointers attempted per game (31.0) while New York ranks 29th (23.3).
- The Knicks rank ninth in points in the paint per game (46.7) while the Hawks rank 27th (41.3).
- New York ranks 12th in assists per game (23.3) while Atlanta ranks last in assists allowed per game (26.1).
- New York ranks 11th in rebounds per game (44.0) while Atlanta ranks 25th (41.9).
- The Hawks rank fourth in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while the Knicks rank 25th (15.1).
- The Hawks rank 12th in steals per game (7.8) while the Knicks rank 28th (6.7).
- Atlanta ranks 21st in fast break points per game (10.4) while New York ranks 29th (8.6).
- New York averages 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Atlanta ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- When allowing under 100 points, New York is 15-4 and Atlanta is 12-4.
- The Hawks are 20-31 when they score over 100 points, while the Knicks are 28-30.