The New York Knicks (12-13) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they clash with the Atlanta Hawks (6-19). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 205 points with New York opening as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017, and it can be seen on MSG Network.
Atlanta Hawks vs. New York Knicks Odds Preview
In the Hawks last outing, they defeated the Orlando Magic, 117-110. With 19 points, seven assists and six rebounds, Kent Bazemore played well for Atlanta. The Hawks made 18 of their 25 free throws (72.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.513).
The Knicks are trying to rebound after their 104-102 loss to the Chicago Bulls in their last game. With 10 points and 11 rebounds, New York’s Enes Kanter had a solid performance. Chicago had a free throw rate of 0.159 (above their season average of 0.141). New York, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 13.2).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the New York offense. New York ranks 29th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 16.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Atlanta forces the third-most turnovers in the NBA (16.4 percent).
Of Atlanta’s 24 games with betting action, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of New York’s 24 games have finished under the projected point total. The Knicks hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-13 SU and 14-10 ATS, while the Hawks are 6-19 SU and 11-12-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 220 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 206.5. The Hawks won 116-104, covering as 1-point favorites. Atlanta had a much better turnover percentage (7.9 vs. 19.2). New York, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (12-14; 85.7 percent). Dennis Schroder had a standout performance in the victory, producing 26 points and eight assists.
Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Under
- The Hawks rank fourth in steals per game (8.9) while the Knicks rank 26th (6.7).
- Atlanta ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while New York ranks 28th (22.8).
- New York ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (39.6) while Atlanta ranks 23rd (45.0).
- New York ranks 16th in blocks per game (4.6) while Atlanta ranks 25th (3.8).
- Atlanta is 6-6-1 ATS on the road with 8 unders and 5 overs.
- New York is 12-4 ATS at home with 9 unders and 7 overs.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Atlanta is 1-2 and New York is 6-0.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Knicks are 11-6 and the Hawks are 6-11.
- The Knicks rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.3) while the Hawks rank 19th (45.0).
- New York ranks second in second chance points per game (14.8) while Atlanta ranks last in second chance points allowed per game (14.2).
- The Knicks rank sixth in assists per game (23.3) while the Hawks rank last in assists allowed per game (26.5).
- The Hawks rank 19th in fast break points per game (9.4) while the Knicks rank 29th (6.1).
- Atlanta ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while New York ranks 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.9).
- New York is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Atlanta is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (4.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (1.9 above their season average).